Myoclonic Status in Nonprogressive Epilepsy (MSNE)
Severe myoclonic epilepsy, which occurs either in the whole body or one side of the body (muscles). It is also possible that the patient might have recurring seizures that may lead to neurological deterioration.
Other Names & Associated Genetic Mutations
There are no other recognized names for this syndrome, and no genetic mutations identified with it at this time.
Useful Links & Associated Physicians
1) URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19469845
– Dr. Maurizio Elia : Unit of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiopathology, Oasi Institute for Research on Mental Retardation and Brain Aging (IRCCS), Troina (EN), Italy
2) URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12821740
– Dr. Louise A. Harkin, Dr Grant Sutherland and Dr. Leanne Dibbens: Department of Genetic Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia. Department of Pediatrics, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
– Prof. Jacinta M. McMahon ,Prof. James T. Pelekanos , Prof Samuel F. Berkovi: Department of Medicine and Epilepsy Research Centre, The University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
– Dr. Sameer M. Zuberi: Fraser of Allander Neurosciences Unit, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill, Glasgow, UK
– Prof. Ingrid E. Scheffer,PhD : Department of Medicine and Epilepsy Research Centre, The University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Melbourne, Austin Health and Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria and Department of Neurosciences, Monash Medical Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
– Dr. Deepak Gill: TY Nelson Department of Neurology, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, Australia
– Dr. Eva Andermann and Dr. Frederick Andermann : Neurogenetics Unit, Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital, and Departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
– Dr Kevin Farrell and Dr. Mary Connolly : Department of Neurology, British Columbia Children’s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
– Dr. Michael Harbord: Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
3) URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14734929
– Dr. Rima Nabbout & Dr. Olivier Dulac: Department of Pediatrics, Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 Rue de Sèvres, 75743 Paris cedex 15, France.
4) URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17241216
– Dr. Roberto Horacio Caraballo, Dr. Ricardo Oscar Cerosimo, Dr. Alberto Espeche, Dr. Hugo Antonio Arroyo and Dr. Natalio Fejerman: Department of Neurology, Hospital de Pediatría “Prof Dr. Juan P. Garrahan,” Buenos Aires, Argentina